Thursday, June 2, 2011

Interview # 1: Trifie Montebon, Manila

I think it's only natural that I start this interview blog with my husband.  The thing is, I didn't realize the big impact his most recent purchase had on him until we had this "interview". That's when I noticed that he was holding a real estate book instead of his usual poker super system books.  

I realized that even if you spend most of the day talking with your partner (in the car, on the phone), there are still things that you miss out, things that you shrug off as unimportant.  I also realized that you can find out what's going on in a person's head by simply asking him about his most recent purchase.  Because everyone's a shopper.  And shoppers grab whatever connects with them emotionally.


Your name.
Trifie Montebon


What’s your occupation?
Businessman.

What takes up your day?
Work.  Driving from meetings to meetings.  

What’s the nicest thing about your day?
My daughter Via.

How’s your year so far?
It’s okay.  It’s good.

If you’re living your dream life, how will you spend your day?
In the morning, I will call my business manager to get status…anything new, anything I can do to help.  After that, I’ll just do whatever I want like take my Ducati for a ride, go scuba diving, hang out with my wife and daughter…or I might spend hours playing poker with high rollers.

If you are given 10 million pesos right now and asked to spend it within the next 24 hours, where will you spend it?
Real estate.

Why will you buy real estate?
So I can earn more money.  And security.

Finish this sentence: "Buying real estate makes me feel..."
Successful.

What was your most memorable recent purchase?
Reservation fee for a condo unit

When was that? (GASP!)
Yesterday

From which developer?
SMDC

Why did you buy it?
Investment

What led you to that kind of investment?
A call from my cousin.

What motivated you to invest on real estate?
The drive to succeed???



How did you feel after paying for the unit reservation?
Like I did the right thing and excited for the new opportunity.

Any plans to invest in real estate again in the near future?
Yes! 

Why?
Because it’s a good investment.

What do you think will you next spend money on? 
Lunch tomorrow.


***

*Photo by Adam Domingo

No comments:

Post a Comment