Friday, July 8, 2011

Interview #10: Francis Chua, Manila


What takes up your day?
Three things make up my day part:
1. Day Dreaming – this is the biggest part of my morning. My mind drifts off to different places as I dream of what can be done for my work.
2. Working – putting those dreams into reality is the hard part. This is where I get to share my ideas with others and have them like it.
3. Mill around – it is important for me to brew a little. I spend a considerable amount of time talking to other people to get insights and observe. I also use this to make relationships more useful and fruitful.

What’s your occupation?
I’m currently the Head for Innovations and Digital Initiatives for Starcom MediaVest Group. 
(I think this needs an update - ed)

What’s the nicest thing about your day?
Lunch time, perhaps. It is during lunch that I get to feel that I am still human and that my needs are nothing sort of digital or virtual.

How’s your year so far?
So far, it’s been great. Most of my dreams are coming true, while some of them are still evolving. The greatest part of it though is being able to meet new friends from other agencies and traveling.

If you’re living your dream life, how will you spend your day?
I’d spend my day waking up around 10AM. Do charity work by after lunch. And do superhero stuff by night. I want to be like Bruce Wayne.

If you are given 10 million pesos right now and asked to spend it within the next 24 hours, where will you spend it?
I’d split the money into three:
1/3: T-Bills.
1/3: Small house
1/3: Food for the needy

Why will you buy these things?
T-Bills will allow me to invest my money. Technically you buy these bills; and not invest so that is still within your framework.
Small House will be for my own retirement. I want to put up a small house in a province.
Food for the needy for obvious reasons.

How do you think the purchases above will make you feel?
GOOOOOOD. I think more than anything: security.

What was your most recent purchase?
I bought a chicken sandwich for breakfast.

When was that?
This morning: June 13, 2011.

From what store?
Oliver’s Super Sandwich.

Why did you buy it?
It’s my breakfast routine. I usually have it in the office.

What led you to the store?
I saw the food display. The chicken with mayonnaise glistened as I walked past the stall. I actually went past it already when the visual occurred to me five seconds later.

How did you feel after the purchase?
Hungry. But overall since this is routine spend, it was okay.

Would you spend money on the same thing again?
I am not sure.  My usual breakfast normally costs me around 50-80 only. This one cost me 140, so twice the price.

What do you think will you next spend money on?
For now, lunch. Well, I am thinking of having salad with mangoes for lunch. Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment